- All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive free school meals under the Government's Universal Free Infant School Meals initiative.
- For children in Year 3 to Year 6 the cost of school meals is £10.00 each week (£2.00 per day), payable in advance each Monday morning.
- Children can bring a packed lunch but please try to provide healthy and well balanced food.
- A sample school dinner menu can be found here. Menus change frequently but always ensure that children are provided with a choice of healthy, well-balanced and nutritious meals.
Free School Meal Entitlement
Schools receive additional funding for all children who are entitled to free school meals (including infant children who are automatically entitled to receive a free school meal) whether they have a school meal or not. If your child is not having a school meal it is really important that you still apply for free school meals if you meet the criteria below.
Children are eligible to receive free school meals (FSM) if their parents are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). (Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit Run-on – the payment someone receives for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit – their children are entitled to free school lunches. Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.)
A downloadable Free School Meals Application Form is available here . You can return it to the school office when you have completed it - we will send it to Blackpool Council for you. Alternatively you can collect a copy of the form from the office.
Blackpool Council's Free School Meals website page can be accessed here where you will find more information and a contact telephone number.