Mereside Primary Academy use Blackpool Catering Services to provide fresh and healthy meals for our pupils.
Blackpool Catering Services are passionate about food and providing a high quality catering service across Blackpool and surrounding areas. The service has been established for over 20 years and has a dedicated team of local staff and management which enables them to give us confidence and knowledge that our catering service is in safe hands.
Blackpool Catering Services provide:
- freshly prepared nutritious meals using wholesome ingredients
- Fully trained and qualified catering staff who care and will make every effort to encourage children to choose a healthy meal
- 3 week cycle menu with a varied choice of meal options
- Menus which comply with nutritional standards for school lunches
- Special dietary needs can be catered for
- Vegetarian options available daily
- Development of social skills
- Food to help children think and grow and increasing concentration levels in the afternoon after eating a well=balanced school lunch
School meal options are as follows:-
Have a school lunch - Cooked meals are available and served in the dining hall, cooked by staff from Blackpool Catering Services.
Bring a packed lunch - Children may also bring their own packed lunch, which is also eaten in the dining hall. We actively encourage healthy eating and ask you to consider this when preparing your child’s lunch. Sweets are not allowed and chocolate should be limited to one small bar or biscuit. Nuts, or products containing nut traces, are not allowed as we have pupils with severe allergies. Most chocolate spreads contain nut traces, and therefore it is easier to say that none are allowed. Lunch should be packed in a lunchbox, which is clearly labelled with your child’s name. Drinks should be brought in a plastic flask or other unbreakable container for safety reasons, again clearly marked. Please do not send canned drinks or fizzy drinks.
School Meal Information
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive free school meals under the Government's Universal Free Infant School Meals initiative.
For children in Year 3 to Year 6 the cost of school meals is £10.00 each week (£2.00 per day), payable in advance each Monday morning.
Menus change twice a year but always ensure that children are provided with a choice of healthy, well-balanced and nutritious meals.
Free School Meals
If you believe you are eligible for Free School meals, please use the link below or call into the school office to make an application,
Free School Meal Application
Fluoridated Milk Scheme
Please find below the fluoridated milk scheme leaflet for parents or alternatively visit, www.blackpool.gov.uk/fluoride for more.